The American College of Lifestyle Medicine offers exceptional benefits to its members, delivering an exceptional ROI.
Exclusive membership rates on all ACLM conferences & workshops, including the Lifestyle Medicine Annual Meeting (details available on a per event basis)
Up to $200 in exclusive member savings on the Lifestyle Medicine Core Competencies (LMCC) Online Program, and discounts on all other ACLM produced Lifestyle Medicine CME training (details will be available on a course by course basis)
10% exclusive member discount on the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine (ABLM)
Listing as a Lifestyle Medicine Practitioner in our online directory
Bi-monthly ACLM newsletter, highlighting Lifestyle Medicine clinical practice models, the latest research, and upcoming events
Exclusive access to and special rates on clinical practice tools and resources
Annual subscription to the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine (NOTE: AJLM is a benefit of Physician, Doctoral and Healthcare Executive membership categories, with deeply discounted subscription rates available for all other categories of membership.)
Invitation to ACLM Educational Webinars and member-only web-based forums
Advocacy for Lifestyle Medicine Practice and Practitioners
Become Part of the Revolution in Redefining Healthcare!
- Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP) providing ACLM Members a 50% discount on the CHIP facilitator training: $749 ACLM member pricing vs. $1499 retail pricing.
- For ACLM MD / DO members, complimentary registration for Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr., MD’s Cardiovascular Intensive Counseling Seminar at the Cleveland Clinic, including a DVD with 5.5 hours of seminars with powerful testimonials and a 44 page notebook.
- Complimentary NutritionFact.org annual review DVDs for ACLM Members: Dr. Greger is honored to share his work with all ACLM members. ACLM Members are eligible to receive the Latest in Clinical Nutrition DVDs and digital downloads of any volume requested.
- T Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies Plant-based Certificate Course: $200 ACLM exclusive member-only discount off the retail price of $1,260: The T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies is pleased to offer ACLM members an exclusive $200 discount towards enrollment in our Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition in partnership with eCornell. This ground-breaking, online certificate program expands upon Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s bestselling books The China Study and Whole and is designed to help you understand the role of diet in everyday health and healing. The program is based on Dr. Campbell's lectures, experience and decades of research.
- Culinary Rx, developed by Rouxbe, the world’s leading online culinary school, in partnership with The Plantrician Project, offers ACLM Members a 75% discount on the 60-day eLearning nutrition literacy and plant-based nutrition cooking course: Culinary Rx is an education resource that can be ‘prescribed’ by clinicians to their patients & clients. It also provides you—as the healthcare professional—with the plant-based cooking expertise you need to get started on the road to embracing an optimal dietary lifestyle: $75 exclusive member-only discount off the retail price of $99.99, providing ACLM members with an exclusive price of $24.99.
- 25% Savings on individual retreats for The Life Enhancement Program in Tucson and the 7-night Weight loss Program at Canyon Ranch's Tucson & Lenox properties
- Exclusive ACLM member-only Costa Rican get-away CME retreat, January 22-28, 2017, at GreenLagoon Wellbeing Resort, owned by ACLM member Dr. Henry Villegas, and year ‘round ACLM Member pricing, ranging from 20 to 40% discounts: GreenLagoon is immersed in a 400-acre rainforest property, located in the heart of Costa Rica—La Fortuna—which provides panoramic views of the Arenal & Cerro Chato Volcanoes! GreenLagoon is the perfect destination where ACLM members will experience a distraction-free environment that will enable them to fully engage and participate in a Lifestyle Medicine CME training retreat. Offering beautiful mountain top rooms and villas with unmatched views in the region, Green Lagoon boasts a Natural Restaurant with Rouxbe professional whole plant-based certified chefs, an EcoNatura SPA, concierge services for tours & excursions, and quality hospitality services, among many other fabulous amenities.
- The Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine CME training offers an exclusive ACLM Member 25% discount on the first module and a 20% discount on subsequent modules: This is the nation’s first dedicated teaching kitchen to be implemented at a medical school. The Center provides hands-on training for medical students through culinary medicine classes in the form of electives and seminars, as well as continuing education for the healthcare and foodservice industries. The Center’s programs provide primary care clinicians with a knowledge base of diet, lifestyle, and nutrition, and how they relate to disease. Modules are taught from the food-first perspective with an eye toward the practical aspects of what patients face day-to-day when trying to make substantive change in their lives.
- Plant-Stock at the Esselstyn Farm in Claverack, NY: $60 off exclusive ACLM member-only discount on tickets to the annual summer event: Engine 2 and Forks Over Knives present the 5th Annual “Plant-Stock” gathering at the Esselstyn family farm (address sent upon registration receipt) in upstate New York on August 2017. Come see the beautiful home and grounds featured in the documentary Forks Over Knives, while learning from leading experts about the life changing benefits of a plant-based lifestyle. There will be life-saving lessons about making yourself heart-attack proof; cooking demonstrations; training for how to shop for healthy foods; strategies for maintaining the lifestyle for the long run, and more! There will also be six plant-based meals, including a plentiful and beautiful, gourmet sit-down Saturday night dinner.
- Free Access to MyHappyAvatar: “The World’s First Science-Based Happiness Toolkit” and 20% discount for the coach-client package after the initial free trial period. ACLM members interested in participating in an outcomes study may be able to access the service at no cost!
- ACLM Members are invited to join myhappyavatar.com to enhance the patient communication and health behavior coaching experience. The web-based app for your patients increases their awareness of personal strengths and positive experiences to boost mood and energy when making lifestyle changes. Patients can send their strengths reports to you, so you can harness these strengths in your lifestyle guidance and prescriptions.
- Are there times when you feel challenged to relate to and understand your patients? The web-based myhappyavatar coach app, scheduled for release spring 2016, can enhance your coaching skills and overall communication experience. You will be guided to align your interaction with your patients’ preferred ways of:
- Being engaged and energized
- Getting information and learning
- Becoming self-motivated
- Making decisions
- Arranging their world
- Holistic Health at Sea $100 ACLM Member discount on CME: Holistic Holiday at Sea™ is the largest, most comprehensive health and wellness program ever to be staged on a ship at sea. It’s considered the “Voyage to Well-being” and a wonderful, relaxing vacation experience. With over 35 teachers and 130 classes, up to 40.75 units of CME are provided through the University of Miami CME program, offered for MDs, DOs, PAs, & ARNPs. The cruise content is also accredited for up to 37.75 AAFP Prescribed credits.
Exclusive ACLM member discount on your Walk with a Doc Starter Toolkit:
Regularly priced at $592, ACLM members may purchase the kit for $500. The kit
- Liability insurance coverage for the walk (covers everybody - medical professionals,
volunteers and walkers)
- Webpage development and maintenance (by us, for you) on WWAD’s site outlining
everything you wish to share including links to your medical webpage
- A starter set of WWAD t-shirts for walk participants or volunteers
- A sample pedometer and car magnet just for fun
- Access to WWAD Leader Portal to collaborate with Walk Champions around the country
- Marketing material updated monthly to keep the Walk advertising “fresh”
- “Prescription pads” prescribing walking
- A how-to guide, along with starter documents including waivers (English/Spanish),
flyers, newsletter sign-up sheet and a press release
- Access to the weekly newsletter containing upcoming WWAD event dates,
pertinent medical studies/information and much more
- Newsletter mention welcoming you to the WWAD family (link to your medical
Apply for membership!
Note: Activation and redemption information related to all benefits outlined above is available to ACLM members in the members-only section. For questions, please contact email@example.com.