Prices per Course | NOTE: ACLM members receive an exclusive 25% discount.
Nonmember - $499
Member - $374.25
Please note that this course does NOT provide CME and therefore it is NOT approved to fulfill the ABLM 30 online CME prerequisite to sit for the ABLM exam. If you would like to earn CME/CE for this course and/or use the Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course as a prerequisite to sit for the ABLM exam, please purchase the Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course (30 CME/CE)
The Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course 3rd Edition is an evidence-based course designed to provide a review and successfully prepare candidates for the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine (ABLM) Certification Exam (ABLM.org/how). This course development was led by coauthors and faculty John Kelly, MD, MPH, LM Specialist and Jeni Shull Clayton, MD, MPH, DipABLM, with additional support from subject matter experts in the field of lifestyle medicine.
- Review the pillars of evidence-based lifestyle medicine and how it can prevent, treat and reverse disease.
- Review evidence-based lifestyle medicine prescriptions and their clinical application.
- Review evidence-based lifestyle medicine content that will be tested on the Lifestyle Medicine Board Certification Exam.
The Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review, 3rd Edition is hosted online via the ACLM Learning Management System (LMS) and consists of 3 main components:
COMPONENT 1 - Board Review Course Manual and Quiz Questions (20 hours): The Board Review Course Manual is available in printed form and online within the ACLM learning management system. The manual consists of 10 sections, Lifestyle Medicine key articles, appendix, index, detailed graphics, tables and figures, and over 120 quiz questions. Each of the ten sections have corresponding quiz questions available to complete in the paper copy of the book and online via the ACLM LMS. Enrollees will be required to read the material and complete the quiz questions via the online course to receive their certificate of completion.
COMPONENT 2 - Key Lifestyle Medicine Articles and Quiz Questions (2 hours): The manual also includes 9 Key Lifestyle Medicine Article Summaries with 2 corresponding review questions each. Enrollees must read the article summaries and complete the questions via the online course to receive their certificate of completion. This course component will account for 2 hours.
COMPONENT 3 - Online Review Lectures (8 hours): There are 10 review lectures with corresponding questions. Enrollees will be required to complete the review lectures and corresponding questions via the online course to receive their certificate of completion. This course component will account for 8 hours. Review Lectures correspond with each of the manual sections and include the following:
- Introduction to Lifestyle Medicine | John Kelly, MD, MPH, LM Specialist
- Fundamentals of Health Behavior Changes | Jessica Matthews, DBH, MS, NBC-HWC, DipACLM
- Key Clinical Processes in Lifestyle Medicine | Jeni Shull Clayton, MD, MPH, DipABLM
- The Role of Physician Health and the Physician’s Personal Health | Gia Merlo, MD, MBA, DipABLM
- Nutrition Science, Assessment and Prescription | Part 1: Kayli Anderson, MS, RDN, ACSM-EP, DipACLM & Part 2: Micaela Karlsen, PhD, MSPH
- Physical Activity Science and Prescription | Jonathan Bonnet, MD, MPH, CAQSM, FAAFP, FACLM, DipABLM & Stephen Carek, MD, CAQSM, DipABLM
- Emotional and Mental Well-Being, Assessment and Interventions | Neil Nedley, MD
- Sleep Health Science and Interventions | Param Dedhia, MD
- Fundamentals of Tobacco Cessation and Managing Risky Alcohol Use | Jill R. Selzle, PA-C, MPAS, RVT, DipACLM
- The Role of Connectedness and Positive Psychology | Simon Matthews, FASLM, MHlthSci, DipIBLM, MAPS, NBC-HWC
20 hours for reviewing manual and answering corresponding review questions
2 hours for reviewing article summaries and answering corresponding review questions
8 hours for reviewing 10 online section lectures and answering corresponding review questions
This course can be viewed on desktop, tablet or mobile device. Speakers or headphones are required for this course. The eBook can be viewed within the learning management system.
Term of Approval
April 6, 2021 – April 6, 2023
Access to course: access to online material is granted through the term of approval which ends April 6, 2023.
This course provides no CME or CE.
Unapproved Uses of Drugs/Devices: In accordance with requirements of the FDA, the audience is advised that information presented in this continuing medical education activity may contain references to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices. Please refer to the FDA approved package insert for each drug/device for full prescribing/utilization information.
The course directors, planners and faculty of this activity have stated they have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Discounted member price:
You could save: