Recognizing outstanding achievement in the field of Lifestyle Medicine
Lifestyle Medicine Lifetime Achievement Award
Presented by the American College of Lifestyle Medicine and the Lifestyle Medicine Foundation, this award recognizes lifetime achievement in the field and is the highest honor bestowed on a healthcare pioneer. This award recognizes a significant body of work over a significant span of time that has advanced the field of Lifestyle Medicine, and, in the process, paved the way for others to follow. The Lifetime Achievement award is presented to individuals who have been devoted to the cause of Lifestyle Medicine for half of their lives or more.
Lifestyle Medicine Trailblazer
Presented by the American College of Lifestyle Medicine and the Lifestyle Medicine Foundation, this award recognizes an individual who is currently providing leadership in the field of Lifestyle Medicine, helping strengthen the foundation laid by others, while advancing it through innovation. This individual is recognized for the extraordinary contributions he or she has made in any one of several domains, such as:
- Patient Care: A healthcare provider who is practicing lifestyle medicine to provide extraordinary quality and compassionate patient care.
- Education: An accomplished healthcare educator who is incorporating aspects of lifestyle medicine into training and inspiring the next generation of healthcare providers.
- Research: A researcher who is on the cutting edge of research to ultimately advance lifestyle medicine and improve patient care.
- Innovation: A person who is breaking new ground in a healthcare arena through an advancement, improvement of efficiencies, an IT product or a novel initiative, while incorporating the principles of lifestyle medicine.
- Management: A healthcare leader who is exceeding expectations when it comes to influencing growth and development of healthcare and lifestyle medicine to meet the needs of the community.
- Community Service: A healthcare provider making a meaningful contribution to community health improvement, including, but not limited to, increasing access to healthcare and lifestyle medicine for low-income residents.
Nominations for the Trailblazer and Lifetime Achievement Awards are being accepted through June 30th, 2020, 11:59 pm PST.
Donald Anderson Pegg Student Leadership Award
This memorial award will serve to:
- Demonstrate lifestyle medicine’s value to students, as well as to seasoned practitioners
- Inspire the next generation of lifestyle medicine leaders by seeding novel lifestyle medicine project
- Spreading the word about lifestyle medicine
Nominations for the Donald Anderson Pegg Award are being sought through August 15th, 2020.
Dr. Ancel Keys Award
The Dr. Ancel Keys Award was established to recognize a person who has made significant contributions to thought, evidence, practice and policy through research and the application of scientific principles, with particular emphasis on public health issues and population science. The recipient must be highly respected through research and publications as a leader in epidemiology, biostatistics and nutrition, with concern for public as well as individual health. The recipient must have shown courage in taking an evidence-based public policy stance. It will be awarded by ACLM every three years.
The Keys Award is named in honor of Ancel Keys, who started his career in physiology and moved into public health with experiments to meet wartime needs for survival rations (the “K-ration”) and to re-nourish the starving survivors of war in Europe. After the war, Keys became interested in tracing the causes and prevention of cardiovascular diseases, initiating studies that included the landmark epidemiologic “ Seven Countries Study" showing the correlation of dietary saturated fat to heart disease. He named and evaluated body mass index (BMI) and with his wife also introduced the Mediterranean Diet.